In 1948 the Stockholm Cricket club was formed by embassy staff from cricket playing nations, and by the early 1950s the club had been opened to non-embassy staff. Initially organising games between the various embassies and against visiting Navy ships. The 1960s saw the club touring Denmark, Germany and Holland in addition to local fixtures.
The 1970s saw the fixture list included regular matches against teams in Denmark and Helsinki as well as tours to the UK. And by the mid-1970’s had expanded to include Swedish opposition in Gothenburg, Lund, and Jonkoping.
Many members of the club were active in the establishment of the Swedish Cricket Federation (SCF). And in 1990 the Stockholm Cricket Club participated in the inaugural season of the SCF. However after this one season, the club did not participate in any further SCF competitions.
In 2016 the KTH Cricket Club and BCA Cricket Club merged into the Stockholm Cricket Club.