We encourage everyone to have their own bat at training. When buying a bat we recomend that you refer to a guide for choosing a bat - ref an example guide.
The programme our U8 team follows is strongly influenced by Super Stars Cricket, All Stars Cricket and T20 Blast. It will provide your child with all of the fundamental skills they need to play. Through lively, fun games, they will learn about cricket and be better prepared to take part in all sports. We have provided copies of these programs for you here.
As your child progresses and learns the fundamental skills of cricket we will provide virtual awards (Cricket Stars). These awards will be visible in the SportAdmin app.
Cricket Skills Learning Objective
· Can grip the bat and have the correct stance
· Can hit a moving ball
· Can bowl under arm towards the stumps
· Can stop a ball with 2 hands that is moving towards the player
· Can throw the ball over arm
· Can play a straight bat shot (forward drive)
· Can bowl with a straight arm towards the stumps
· Can catch the ball (with fingers up technique)
· Can catch the ball (with fingers down technique)
· Knows where a wicket keeper stands to a bowler
· Can play a cross bat shot (pullshot)
· Can hit the ball on both sides of the wicket, into a gap
· Can run between the wicket, sliding the bat in.
· Can bowl the ball 12m with a straight arm in the range of a batter
· Can make a catch while running
· Can chase a ball, collect and throw to keeper or bowler
· Can throw the ball 15m
· Knows how to back up the throw.